The truth behind dating?
In regards to friends, it is much easier to see true motives, and thankfully Cole and I have had our friend group long enough to know that there is really no mal-intent.
On behalf of dating, this is a whole different story however. Truth be told, it makes dating pretty hard. In the case of myself, I’ve found that when going on dates, girls have a hard time shedding the image from the truth. Most (BUT NOT ALL):
- Think I am a player, and speed through women like a bobsled down an icy hill.
- Think that I will treat them differently because they have not achieved a relative level of success as I.
- Think that I will likely ditch them when the deed is done for another.
- Don’t want to be drawn into a fan enforced “limelight” of sorts.
- (The wrong kind of person, and trust me, they exist) Refuse and secretly harbor disdain to garner less attention than me when in public.
- Don’t bother to get to know the real me, nor even like the real me past their own perceived image of what I am due to my television counterpart.
All in all? I will probably edit this post a few times for better clarity but, together with personal preferences, differences in thought, and overall willingness to accept one another, these truths make dating pretty tough for me (and a handful of others). You may ask yourself, why does this d00d play vidya, write about about comics and anime, and spend hours drawing monsters (and monster girls for you Japanese readers ;) )? It’s because of the aforementioned notes which have contributed their fair share to my introvertedness. And It’s why, for the most part, entertainers tend to date entertainers, or those who have experienced similar.
BUT, I AM NO DEFEATIST! HA HAAAA! when you know, you must know. So I’ll keep learnin’ as I go. On another note, I’m taking it day by day, and am in absolutely no rush.
^ The stages in which you will get to know me